Around 50 contestants are expected to take part in the 2nd Original Chinese Vegetable Carving Competition at GÄSTE.
The task is to create lifelike and properly detailed figures, flowers and other objects from fruit and vegetables.
Prizes: 1st Prize: EUR 2,000.00 and a Cup 2nd Prize: EUR 1,000.00 3rd Prize: EUR 500.00
Among others, the jury is represented by:
- Mr. Xiang Wang, double world champion and author of books
- Ms. Konstanze Töpel, Olympic Gold Medal D1 2004, Consulting and Training/Food
- Carving three different Chinese flowers from radish, kohlrabi and beetroot – within a set time
- The vegetables will be provided
- Starting time will be from 11 a.m. at each full hour on trade fair days (starting in groups)
- External co-workers (jury) will record the time of each participant
- The carving artist may freely select the show piece as well as the types of fruit or vegetable
- For the voluntary task the equipment must be provided personally
- Cutters or sharpeners may not be used
- This presentation starts on the day following the compulsory task
- The artist structures his/her presentation, which should represent a theme, him-/herself
- The variety of carving techniques determines the degree of difficulty and the total score
- You are allocated a maximum of 5 hours, including breaks, for your show piece
Participation fee: EUR 50.00 EUR (gross) This includes a pass for the duration of the GÄSTE 2009 as well as a participation certificate. Application deadline: 31.08.2009
For more information (participation requirements and guidelines) please see the downloads on the right side.
Please address your technical or other relevant questions to
Ms. Konstanze Töpel
E-mail: k.t.beratung (at) t-online.de
For the Professional Programme link go to Professional programme